Senior Designer (Womenswear)
Luxe Talent is searching for a Senior Designer/Design Manager to join an interesting project in Beijing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design for the assigned collection (s) in a clear and focused way geared towards market positioning.
- Managing the product development process of all the styles and planning of collections.
- Support the Managers for the continuous success/ growth of the accounts in the fast-changing market; keep update with the market trends and new product opportunities.
- Build and deliver strong design collection (s) with a creative, innovative and consumer target focused approach and line with the annual plan.
- Ensure awareness of upcoming trends & direction, propose the ideas to reflect/ update on the collection in terms of design/fabric/ accessories (per style level).
- Prepare and participate in fairs and shopping/trend trips regularly to ensure the assigned collection can cover the latest fashion trend and denim styling.
- Work on trend alert research and trend ppt per development season.
- Provide clear brief on the design sheets.
- Create and maintain all design records, including technical data sheets and all relevant details.
- Maintain close daily dialog with the management team to ensure effective and highly efficient workflow within calendar deadlines.
- Assure proper communication with merchandising team & Technicians throughout the whole design development process
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related disciplines
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in fashion design and development with at least 3 years in designer level or up
- Strong fashion sense in different areas. Knowledge on the global lady’s wear trends and trend-leading street/ casual-wear brands
- Passion for the fast fashion business
- Solid experience in design development, from trend research, sketch preparation, fabric and details sourcing, to design concept presentation
- Good spoken & written English
- Able to relocate to Beijing